January Athletics & Activities
This month in Epiphany Athletics & Activities
January 2019 Newsletter
**** We will have our next Balcony Night sponsored by Flingers on Monday, January 7 at 5:15 pm. ****
Cheer on the Knights from a Birds Eye View while enjoying Flingers Food!
Cost is $20.00 per family!
Please sign up prior so we can make sure we have plenty of food!
You can send payment to the school prior or pay at the gate but please be sure to SIGN UP!
See the attached flyer for additional information.
* Boys Basketball: Please join us on Monday, January 7 at 5:30 in the Lyceum for the last home Basketball Game of the season. We will be honoring our 8th graders at the beginning of the 8th Grade Game starting approx. at 6:30 pm.
* Thank you to all who helped to make the 40th Annual Christmas Tournament another fantastic success! Big thanks to Mike Mayberger, Brad Buchanan, Wayne Hopper, Chris Bickett and Kristen Bickett for all of their help in making the tournament run smooth along with all of the many volunteers that shared their time during this busy Holiday Season!
* Volleyball: There will be a training session for parents during the Friday, Jan. 4 practice from 4-6:00 while the 5/6/7/8 grade teams are scrimmaging. If would like to learn how to keep score, operate the scoreboard, work concessions or the gate, please come to the Lyceum during this time. Please email me if you have any questions. Mary Lee Merilatt email
* Scholastic Bowl: Practices for Scholastic Bowl will begin at the end of January. Please be on the lookout for additional information once we finalize the dates. Big thanks to Melissa Manness for stepping up to coach the Scholastic Bowl Team. If you know your child is going to participate in Scholastic Bowl please be sure to register them on the 8to18 website. Please see the information below!
* Chess: The Epiphany Chess Tournament is coming up on Saturday, January 12. This is a great opportunity to earn some volunteer hours. Please sign up today! If you have any questions please contact me or Barb Hunter. Barb Hunter Email
* Track: Track Season will begin in February. Please be on the lookout for information in our next Newsletter! If you know your son/daughter would like to participate you can register and follow the steps at the bottom of the email. Students in grades 5-8 may participate.
* Advertising opportunities: If you or someone you know has a business and is looking for an opportunity to advertise please let me know. We are currently looking for sponsorships for Lyceum Banners. Mary Lee Merilatt email
If your child is interested in participating in any sports / activities this year, you will need to do the following...
1. Register your child for the sport / activity (some of the activities may not be open to register at this time) on the 8to18 Athletics Site! Link to 8to18 Site
2. If it is a sport, they will need to have an updated Physical on File at the office. Please send me the date in which the physical took place.
3. Pay the activity fee of $35.00. Fees made out to Epiphany with Athletic Fees in the Memo. You can turn it into the office attn: Mary Lee Merilatt or give it to your coach.
4. Have FUN participating in the activity or sport!
To find all of the latest information on Epiphany Athletics / Activities please visit our website. You will find schedules, pictures, results and calendars on this site. You can access this from the Epiphany Schools webpage as well. Take some time and get to know the new website!
Please let me know if you have any questions!