Parent Teacher Conferences
Fall 2018 Parent/Teacher and Student Led Conferences
Parent/Teacher and Student-Led Conferences with Pre3 through 8th grade teachers will be held on Oct. 25th from 1:00 pm - 8:00 p.m. and on Oct. 26th from 8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. Pre-School conferences will be for 15 minutes long and Kindergarten through 5th grade are 10 minutes with the homeroom teacher. Junior High conferences are 20 minutes long using a student-led conference format with the student’s mentor teacher. A letter explaining student-led conferences was sent by Mr. Lootens to Junior High families.
Parents can schedule conferences using Pick A Time. The link and instructions are listed below. The system opens on Oct. 4th and closes at midnight on Oct. 21st. After Oct. 21st, additional conferences or changes must be made by contacting one of the following:
- Mary Brownfield (email@example.com) for K-5 Homeroom and Specials teachers (Spanish, P.E., Music, Computer, Art)
- Judy Lauritson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Junior High and Specials teachers (Spanish, P.E., Music, Computer, Art)
- Bridget Lanham (email@example.com) for Pre-School teachers
LOGGING ON TO THE PICK A TIME SIGN-UP SYSTEM
Go to: https://pickatime.com/client?ven=11601120 Do not use the www.pickatime.com home page as that login screen is only for teachers and administrators.
If you have never used pickatime.com, you will need to register as a new user. If you have used pickatime.com before, your email address will still be in the system.
To register as a new user:
- Enter your email address and press "Login/Create Account".
- Fill in the required fields and click OK to register.
- Follow the steps under “Connecting students to your account”.
To sign in as a returning user:
- Enter your email address and password from last year. If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password” link to have it reset and mailed to you.
- Your screen should show the students already assigned to your account. If any students are missing or you have additional students this year, you will need to connect them to your account.
USING THE SIGN-UP SYSTEM
Connecting students to your account
- For each student, enter a 7 position studentID and birth date.
- The 7 position studentID is the first 3 characters of first name, followed by the first 3 characters of last name, followed by a 1.
- The birth date should be entered mm/dd/yyyy but do NOT enter leading zeros in the month or day. For example: enter 2/3/2010, not 02/03/2010. Be sure to enter all four positions of the year.
Scheduling a conference
- Select the Fall 2018 conference event from the box on your screen.
- Select the conference time.
- Each colored square represents an available meeting time. Each column represents a teacher and the times increase as you go down the page. The legend shows you which teacher corresponds to which color.
- Click on a square to book that time.
- On the next screen, you will optionally have the choice of setting a time when you would like a reminder email delivered.
- Click "Create Appointment" to reserve your time.
- Repeat this process to schedule a conference for each of your children.
- Click on "printable schedule" to print a copy of your schedule.
- If you want to change your conference time, you can log in again before the scheduling system closes with the email address and password you used to create your account. After logging on, click on "Your schedule" at the top of the screen to receive a screen that lets you edit or cancel appointments.
- If a student's parents are divorced and both parents would like separate conferences, an exception has to be put into the system so each parent can schedule their own conference. Please email Jane Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change if it is necessary for your student.
If you have any questions or problems with the conference scheduling system such as not being able to connect a student to your account, please email email@example.com. Please include in the email the student’s name, birthdate, and the email address you are trying to use.